Thursday, February 1, 2018

8 Minute Memoir, Day 34: Candy

I am sensing a theme here (see my previous 8 Minute Memoir, heh) but I'm going with it.  What's your favorite candy of all time?  That's an easy one--Kit Kat Bar.  I'll take that over anything else, every single time.  I work at a place where I have the opportunity to try a lot of really high end, high quality, delicious candy from all around the world... but sometimes, I just really want a Kit Kat Bar.  Though I'm a fan of the original, I do also like the dark chocolate variety.

Sitting here, thinking about other favorites...  My grandpa always kept a white plastic Tupperware bowl in his fridge filled with Hershey Miniatures--I always picked the Hershey Special Dark, the Milk Chocolate, and the Krackel bar.  (In fact, I can taste them now, and feel the cold wrapper on my fingertips).  I always look forward to the Hershey Kisses candy cane and the milk chocolate bunny from my mom every year.  I love the nostalgia of pink and red Starbursts and the most sour of sour Warhead candies.  I have definitely toned down my candy consumption over the years, but of course I can't help but remember.

In just a moment's time, I close my eyes, and I am taken back to a simpler time...  M&M's in the blondie bars my mom would make for my birthday class treat (can't do that anymore, such a shame...), candy canes off the Christmas tree, hands minty and sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment