Sunday, May 7, 2017

8 Minute Memoir, Day 26: Daily Tasks

Though I'm definitely not a neat freak by any stretch of the imagination, I do like to keep things neat and clean.  I'd say our apartment is a pretty organized space, which is an impressive feat considering we live in a small one bedroom apartment that has two closets total (and a really small amount of storage space in general).

We keep up with sweeping and mopping and dusting regularly enough, cleaning the bathroom, too.  We don't have a dishwasher, so doing the dishes by hand is a frequent task.  I don't hate doing the dishes, but I don't love it, either.  Because of my ambivalence towards dishes, I try to just get it done as quickly as possible and try to occupy myself with music or a podcast while doing so.  A dishwasher is definitely on my must-have list for any potential future home.

We also need a washer and dryer, for sure.  Of all the standard household tasks, I probably like laundry the least.  It's just so time consuming, and tedious, and I tend to have a lot of laundry between my work clothes and all my running gear.  If I could do a load every couple of days or every other day then I probably wouldn't mind it so much, but having to go to the laundromat means that sometimes, we put off doing laundry longer than we should.  Which I'm sure is a pretty common tale.  Ah, well, we make it happen!  We do the dishes, fold the laundry, dust the shelves, get it done, and then we go running and play outside and the world spins on.  It's a system that works well!

No comments:

Post a Comment