Friday, March 10, 2017

8 Minute Memoir, Day 21: Friendship

"It is love and friendship, the sanctity and celebration of our relationships, that not only support a good life, but create one.  Through friendships, we spark and inspire one another's ambitions."  
--Wallace Stegner


Much like that 8MM prompt that invited me to write about one sibling (and instead I wrote about all of them), I read this prompt about friendship--and the quote that inspires it--and I can't write about just one friend.

I have been blessed in my nearly three decades by a multitude of friendships and relationships that have enriched my life in various different ways.  I feel lucky that I've already gotten to know so many wonderful and magical people!  People who "spark and inspire" my ambitions and dreams, who encourage me to be better by their actions and by the things they are doing with their lives.

Teachers, students, writers, artists, parents, career women and men, business starters, medical professionals, innovators.  They all work so hard to make a difference and forge a path for themselves.  It truly is inspiring to see my friends being successful, to see them receiving back the good energy they put into the world.

I am appreciative of the many friendships in my life.  I am grateful for the opportunity to interact on a more personal level with many different perspectives and I'm definitely glad to be the recipient of some of that previously mentioned good energy.  This is a celebration of friendship!


"Surround yourself with people who make you hungry for life, touch your heart, and nourish your soul."
--Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment