Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lately, Currently.

It's been several months since my last Lately, Currently post... I think it's time for an update!


(Handsome husband at Sovereign, Saturday night.)

[Reading]  A few weeks ago, I finally finished House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski.  I LOVED that book.  This last time was the third or fourth time I'd attempted it, and. I'm really glad I stuck with it.  One of those books where I just couldn't put it down.. and it had me on the edge of my seat almost the whole time, too! A lot of people describe it as "scary" but I felt like it was more anxiety-inducing than anything else.  And a true work of art.  I'm between books at the moment and looking for that next great read.

[Doing]  Running on the lakefront, up on Loyola Chicago's campus, down streets I traversed quite often many years ago.  I signed up for the Lincolnshire 4th of July 5K (which I did a few years ago and enjoyed) and am always on the lookout for other races to run!  I've also been tending to our garden, both indoor and out, and loving our apartment.  T. and I set up our bar, painting a corner table that we inherited from my parents and an IKEA cart to match--it's the perfect aesthetic for our living room and a fun DIY project.

[Thinking About]  How excited I am to be an auntie in September!  I am so very excited for my sister and her beau and know that they are going to be great parents (he already is).  My sister is my hero and I know she is going to handle this adventure with patience and grace and strength.  I'm going to have a niece to spoil and adore in only a few months and I cannot wait!

[Watching]  Any number of shows on Netflix...  It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  Orange is the New Black.  Archer.  BoJack Horseman.  Also a few episodes in to the last season of How I Met Your Mother... maybe I'll have time to finish it sometime in the next few weeks!

[Feeling Thankful]  For my family, and getting to be with them for my younger brother's wedding.  For the opportunity we have to live in this beautiful city and experience everything it has to offer.  And last, but certainly not least, for my dear husband--we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary last week, and nine years together the week before that, and every day I feel so damn lucky to be his wife.  With him, life is good.

[Loving]  Chicago in the summertime.  Iced caramel lattes from my favorite coffeeshop.  Singalongs on weekend nights at the bar (Weezer's "El Scorcho") and early morning thunderstorms.  Sunday afternoon grocery shopping with the husband.  Mellow jazz while working from home.  Plans for a vacation out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment