Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Beginning of June


(Our living room plants, minus the spider plant on the top of the entertainment center... since I took this photo, another avocado tree started growing! I also added another cactus to the southwest garden.)

I know I saw this with pretty frequent regularity, but...  somehow another calendar page has turned and another month is here!  June.  I'm pretty sure January was just last week, right?  How is this possible already?  How can we already be halfway through the year?!  Slow down, time, please!

Anyway...

It's the beginning of June, and life is good!  The second half of May was not nearly as exciting as the first (thankfully) and we've slid into the new month with sunshine, warm weather, and big plans for fun things!  T. is still loving his new car, and has customized it into the perfect vehicle for him.  We're not nearly as sad about the Yaris and the vacation that wasn't anymore, and a few weeks out, I'm not nearly as traumatized as I thought I would be.  Now more than anything it just feels like a crazy, terrible dream, and I think we're moving on quite nicely.  

I would have to say that life has been going well for us the last few weeks.  Work is good...  I am loving my new role!  It's a lot of work, more hours, and a schedule slightly different from what I am used to at times, but I am really enjoying the added responsibilities and the new insights I am gaining.  Things just got a lot more fun in my career life and I wouldn't have it any other way!

T. and I have been keeping busy on our respective weekends...  the other week, we had a visit from one of my oldest and best friends, J., who was in town from Washington state!  It was her first time seeing the apartment and we hung out and caught up while T. made a delicious dinner.  Afterwards, the three of us watched some stand up comedy together on Netflix--it was a more relaxed evening but I loved every second!  This past Sunday, T. went to the Sox game with one of his good friends and came home with one heck of a sunburn!  It was a fun time, though, and I think he's hoping to get to a few more games down there this summer.  (And, to be honest, I'm hoping I'll get to tag along at some point, or go to a game with T.--don't worry though, I'm still Cubbie blue through and through!)  

Today it is Saturday in my world; another midweek weekend is here.  Tonight, we are hanging out with K. and S. and baby C., and I am just delighted!  I'm also bring over dinner--enchiladas and salad and Spanish rice.  I sure hope it all turns out as well as I want it to!  Tomorrow, I have to go into work for a meeting, but then I'll be heading into the city to hang out with my dear J. for a few hours.  In the next few weeks, I have visits planned with two of my siblings and at the end of the month, T. and I will be heading downtown to the Field Museum for a swanky work party!  Needless to say, June is shaping up to be a very exciting month.  Who knows what other adventures we'll get ourselves into?  It feels like summer is finally here, though, and I am excited to see what it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment