Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lately, Currently.


It's time for another round of Currently... enjoy!

[Reading] The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood.  I picked it up after finishing Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, which had been lent out to me by a coworker, and The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.  (Of those two, Mango was my favorite by far.)  I am exactly 100 pages in to Atwood's novel and I'm loving it.  The language is so delicate, and intimate, yet carries so much weight.  Hopefully, I will continue to be intrigued by this novel.

[Doing] Well... trying to find T. a new car.  Still unpacking a little bit.  Planning out my return to half marathon training and getting back into shape.

[Thinking about] How lucky we were to walk away from the car accident... and how happy I am, despite the disappointment of this week.  Life is pretty damn good.  Also, our plants have exploded in the last few days and I an hoping that we can keep them growing!  Considering what plants and flowers to add as it gets warmer outside.

[Watching] Currently, Archer for the billionth time.  T. and I recently watched The Wolf of Wall Street and I goddamn loved it, haha.  I can admire it for how opulent and over the top it is.  Inception is always a favorite over here as well, speaking of Leonardo DiCaprio.  I am hoping to continue watching Mad Men and How I Met Your Mother as well.

[Feeling Thankful] ...I've said it several times already, but I'll say it again.  I'm so thankful we walked away from that crash.  And I'm so thankful to know that so many people care about us and love us.  It has made a potentially shitty week muuuch more bearable, and we are lucky, and grateful, and happy.  So thank you.

[Loving] My husband, my best friend, who kept his cool when we were faced with our worst nightmare.  Who pushed the destroyed Yaris from the right lane of I-80 onto the shoulder, probably saving us from being rear-ended by a semi after hitting that deer.  He's done a great job staying optimistic in the face of a terrible situation and I am so incredibly proud of him, incredibly grateful to be his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment