Monday, October 5, 2015

Lately, Currently.


[Reading]  At this present moment, I am not reading anything--life has been a little crazy, with not very much downtime.  The last real reading that I did was on our vacation to Las Vegas back in August; I read Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls by David Sedaris.  I also brought Landline by Rainbow Rowell with on the trip, but didn't have the chance to get to it--this one is definitely next on my list!

[Doing]  Running a lot!  The weekend before last, I participated in my second Chicago Half Marathon (full race report coming soon, but suffice to say, it was an amazing experience) and this upcoming weekend, I'll be running a 5K at Rosehill Cemetery, one of Chicago's oldest historical cemeteries... it's a spooky nighttime race, and it should be an interesting time!  I've also been working a ton, with some ridiculously crazy hours, and spending time with family, and trying to soak up fall before it disappears into winter.

[Thinking About]  My sweet niece and her parents, and how I miss them very much.  My brothers, who make me proud.  I'm also thinking about my race game plan for next year... I plan to expound on that in future blog entries, but right now I'm just debating as to whether or not I want to try for the Chicago Marathon in 2016.  I'm sure I could do it, but I also recognize what an intense and daunting undertaking it is.  Definitely planning on doing the fall half again, and hopefully the Chicago Spring Half Marathon, as well as a number of smaller races... but we shall see.

[Watching]  Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.  @Midnight.  The Soup.  Among others.

[Feeling Thankful]  For a race that went exactly as I hoped it would, and I am so grateful.  I've had the opportunity to spend time with family more often than usual lately, and I definitely don't take that for granted!  Just yesterday, for example, T. and I went up to Miller Park with my parents, brother, and brother's friend for the last Cubs game of the season (what a year they have had!  And now we're playing postseason ball!  Amazing).  It was a fun game--the Cubs won over the Brewers--and even more than that, it was a fantastic day spent with my dear family.  I'm lucky and I know it!

[Loving]  The transition of another season, summer into Fall.  Chicago, as it shifts with the weather.  Becoming a stronger runner, seeing more of this beautiful city, being challenged to grow at work every single day (and loving my job).  Spending Sundays with my husband and adventures that take us everywhere.  October, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment