Sunday, September 20, 2015

In September

You guys, I blinked again and almost another month passed--September, you have been busy but good!  This month has been filled with a lot of excitement, and the best part is, it's not over yet!

To begin with, at the beginning of the month, my niece was born!  Meet A., who is the newest love of my life:



My sister was not due until nearer to the end of the month, but after an eventful few days, A. was born on the morning of September 5th!  Both baby A. and my sister are doing so well, and they are settling into their new routines and beginning to traverse this brand new adventure.  T. and I were so lucky to be able to go down the day after she was born, not only to meet this little wonder love, but also to be there for the new parents.  My sister is one of my heroes in life and I am so proud of her!  As far as being an aunt, well, I LOVE it.  Can't wait until I get to snuggle that sweet niece of mine again!

The next weekend, T. and I drove to my hometown to attend the Screw City Beer Festival in Rockford.  It was a fun time!  There were lots of different breweries from all over the country and we tried a lot of interesting beers!  Plus, the weather was lovely, and it's always great to hang out with my parents.  I'm happy we were able to come in for the event.  It was my very first beer festival and I'm sure we'll end up going again next year, too.  



In between, I've been working some crazy hours, doing some writing here and there, and tapering for my half marathon training.  I have a few posts lined up regarding my training and my running this summer.  Earlier on in the week, I accomplished one of my summer running goals--the distance between Navy Pier and our apartment!  And last night, I went for a gorgeous run down to Clark and Foster and back...  the weather was perfect, I was filled with boundless energy, and I truly could have run forever (it felt like it, anyway!)  I believe I have become a stronger runner over the summer.  I still have a long ways to go and many more opportunities to improve, but I am very happy about my progress.  I am feeling confident about the race and can't wait for September 27th!  


The day before, on September 26th, T. and I are participating in the Out of the Darkness Chicagoland Community Walk, which is put on by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.  Did you know that more Americans suffer from depression than coronary heart disease, cancer, and HIV/AIDS? (source)  This is a cause that it is very dear to us and we are honored to be participating.  If you'd like to donate,  you can find my participant page here; the husband's can be found here.  We thank you for your support!

In honor of the beauty that is this month, I offer a poem--"September" by Lucy Maud Montgomery:

Lo! a ripe sheaf of many golden days
Gleaned by the year in autumn's harvest ways,
With here and there, blood-tinted as an ember,
Some crimson poppy of a late delight
Atoning in its splendor for the flight
Of summer blooms and joys­
This is September.


Happy early Fall!  Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment