Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Art of the Midweek Weekend

It has been a pretty good last few days.  Wednesday and Thursday were my days off, my midweek weekend, and I kept myself busy with chores around the apartment and errands here and there.  Wednesday was definitely the lazier of the two days, although I was still productive!  On Thursday, I cleaned up and went to the laundromat, then my run got rained out, which was a bit of a bummer.  However, that wasn't the end of my day...  I went to visit one of my best friends, her husband, and their brand new baby boy!  Spent two hours at the hospital, chatting with the new mom and dad and snuggling baby C., who is just the cutest.  They are going to be great parents and I am so excited to be his Auntie Jess.

Friday was one of the nicest and warmest days of 2014 so far.  It was seriously beautiful out.  After we both got home from work, we went for a 2.5 mile walk (which also involved a little bit of plane watching--we happen to live in a perfect area for that!) and got dinner and spent the evening relaxing.  The next morning, I had an early start.  I was a little sleepy, but there's nothing better than putting the keys in the ignition at 2 pm and heading for home.  In this case, though, I met T. at Menard's and spent an hour wandering around, looking at various gardening and outdoor items.  It was busy, but we came home with some good ideas, two lawn chairs, some seeds, and a fan for our apartment.

Later that night, we watched The Wolf of Wall Street.  It was a little on the longer side, but overall I really enjoyed it.  Super over the top and captivating in its excess.  I am glad that I waited until I could watch it at home, considering how long it was.  Looking forward to watching it again and seeing all of the things I missed the first time.  After that was over, we eventually made our way to bed; I was quite exhausted from waking up so early for work!  In the morning, we hung out and made lunch and generally enjoyed Sunday morning in the apartment before I headed to work.  It was a pretty decent shift... and tonight's wasn't too bad either!  I could have done without the snow of course, but what Midwesterner isn't, at this point?

In any case, that brings us to Tuesday and Wednesday: yet another midweek weekend.  I can't wait to see what might lie ahead for me over the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment