Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Lush Tropical Oasis






Today, I ventured to a little city nursery on California.  The weather in Chicago the last few days has been ridiculously cold--we got an inch and a half of snow yesterday (that has since mostly melted)--so it was wonderful to enter into a warm and colorful and lovely environment for a little while.  Though there were several plants and flowers I wanted to take home with me.  Instead, I ended up with a lovely terra cotta pot and saucer that will be perfect for more succulents or cacti.  

Tomorrow I am planning on doing a little browsing for our outdoor space, and I can't wait until we can start enjoying that part of the apartment as well.  Though it hasn't really felt like it the last few days, spring is coming!  The grass outside our complex is greener and the leaves on the tree right next to our building are starting to grow.  Spring is here, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment