Friday, September 1, 2017

8 Minute Memoir, Day 28: Indulge

It's been a while since I've done one of these, but here goes!  Just last week, Tom and I indulged a bit during our stay at Sofitel Chicago.  We had a 2 night reservation and we enjoyed every second.  When we checked in, we were offered an upgrade to a room on a higher floor and we took it--ending up on the 30th.  The room itself was plush and inviting but the views were great and it was amazing being up that high.


Anyway, I am a huge proponent of the "staycation"--getting a hotel downtown or in a nearby suburb for a night or two, just to get away, a brief change of scenery.  I consider travel to be an extravagance that I am lucky to be able to indulge in, and I hope to never lose my sense of adventure and wanderlust.  I also consider writing and running two indulgences that I am lucky to engage with on a regular basis... they are crucial to my day-to-day, and even if I'm anxious or going through a phase, I cannot imagine life with them.

See also: a high quality, interesting, and fulfilling meal, followed by delectable dessert; a hot bath and a good book; sleeping in brand new sheets for the first time; a long massage and limber limbs; wheels on the ground in a brand new destination; waking up in the middle of the night to pouring rain.



(8 Minute Memoir prompts from Ann Dee Ellis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment