Monday, December 29, 2014

A Bright and Busy Blur




Suddenly, it is December 29, 2014.  Out of all the months that have flown by this year, December has passed the most quickly.  The latter half, especially, seemed to just slip through my fingertips.  Suddenly, we're only days away from New Year's Eve.  Hours from 2015.  This has been an interesting and exciting and challenging year--probably one of the biggest of my life so far--and I am grateful for everything that I learned, but I am definitely ready for the opportunity and possibility presented with a brand new calendar.

In the middle of the month, my younger brother graduated from college.  We are all so proud of him and enjoyed celebrating his accomplishments.  A week later, he and I met up downtown for a trip to the Art Institute, along with lunch at Giordano's and coffee at the Intelligentsia down by Millennium Park.  It was such a great day, and one of my favorite sibling city adventures to date!

The next week was crazy, with Christmas and everything, and I worked through to the holiday, getting in my car and heading home at 7:30 on Christmas Eve.  The next day, we headed back to my parents' for Christmas Day celebrations (dinner, presents, and dessert), a lovely afternoon that wasn't quite long enough.  The day after that, I hung out with a very dear friend, in town from the Pacific Northwest, and later, made a belated Christmas meal for my mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and the husband.  And then, just like that, it was back to work, back to preparations and planning and logistics for moving.  "It's all happening!"  A quote from one of my favorite movies, yes, but also very much the truth.

So here we are, two days left in the year.  Make them count!

No comments:

Post a Comment