Sunday, April 6, 2014

Lately, Currently.


One week ago, today.

[Reading]  The other day, when I went to the laundromat, I brought my Kindle and read some Walt Whitman poetry.  I adore his work; it is so lyrical and filled with such lovely imagery.  Hoping I'll have more time for it...  his words just feel so appropriate for spring (and eventually summer) and really inspire me to be creative and see the world in a different, better light.  I've also been meaning to get around to the Game of Thrones books; I started the first one a while ago and I really just need to get back into it!

[Doing]  So... remember way back in January when I talked about starting to train for the Chicago Half Marathon on September 7th?  And remember how it kind of fizzled out?  Well...  Running in the Shamrock Shuffle last Sunday gave me a newfound sense of motivation and I think I've decided, since the weather is finally favorable (and hopefully it stays that way *knock on wood*) that I am going to attempt to start training again this week.  I'm a little nervous, just because of how it went the first time around.  However, I think it will be easier, especially because I've shown myself that I'm capable of running longer distances.  We'll see how it goes!  Stay tuned to this space--I am going to regularly blog training updates as a way to hold myself accountable for getting it done.

[Thinking about] Vacation in May!  So excited for nine days of adventure with the husband.  Half marathon training.  The weather getting warmer and the snow finally melting.  Worst winter ever, at least in recent memory.  I am going to do my best to soak up every moment of spring, summer, and fall!

[Watching]  Last night, after I got home from work, I decided to watch Mean Girls since it recently arrived on Netflix.  Ahh, I had forgotten how much I love that movie!  It has a fantastic message and is just hilarious.  I also started watching Drinking Buddies, which is so far pretty great.  I had to go to bed so I paused it about halfway through, but I plan on finishing it tonight after work or tomorrow sometime--gotta see how it all plays out!

[Feeling Thankful]  For great music to get me through the toughest parts of my run.  The exhilarating feeling of crossing the finish line and finding your cheering squad.  For good food and conversation.  And my husband, who is the very best.

[Loving]  Productive midweek weekends!  Looking forward to another one of those this upcoming Wednesday and Thursday.  Changing things up with my cuisine routine... lately it's Fage yogurt with strawberries and perfectly ripe avocados and chocolate coconut water.  The bike trail by our apartment complex...  it's easily my most traveled running path.  I'm definitely planning on doing some more exploring but it's just nice to have a more scenic route to traverse.  Also, our garden, which is challenging sometimes but a worthwhile labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment