Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday.

Thursday... a day off.  I woke up briefly when T. hopped in the shower and got ready for work, read a few news headlines on my phone, and finally fell back to sleep for a few hours.  I had what felt like many intense dreams that I of course forgot as soon as I became fully conscious.  After I woke up, got dressed, and did a few things around the apartment, I headed to the library to return a few books and find a couple more.  Afterwards, I decided to go out for lunch at one of my favorite local places, Portillo's--so good!

From there, I did a little grocery shopping, picking up dinner and two bouquets of fresh flowers:



I stuck the pot roast I had picked up in the crock pot and packed up the car with a few loads of laundry.  It was a relatively quiet afternoon at the laundromat and I started reading one of the novels I'd checked out.  I was home with freshly folded laundry by 5 p.m. and had enough time to tend to the roast, put away laundry, take a shower, and play the piano for a little while before T. got home from work.  We relaxed for a little bit in the living room before deciding to make an impromptu trip to the T-Mobile store, where he picked up a beautiful new Nexus 5 phone.

Once we got home, I set to preparing dinner.  Cabernet beef pot roast, asparagus with 21 Seasoning Salute and olive oil, and roasted potatoes with sea salt, garlic powder, and olive oil.  The apartment smelled delicious and, luckily, it tasted even better than it looked!  A home run, way over the fence, kind of dinner.




(Third photo taken by T. on his new phone.  We paired it with Green Fin White Table Wine.)

We are now hanging out, listening to music, enjoying a few cocktails and Thursday evening.  I'd been planning on trying to attempt a run, but frankly it was just far too windy and cold for that.  Thankfully, the weather forecast is calling for warmer weather in the next week, and I plan on getting in as many runs as I can.  All in all, I am incredibly pleased with this day off--nothing wrong with midweek escapes, that's for sure!  I am also off on Saturday, which should be lovely as well.  In any case, I am refreshed, and ready for the work day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment