Friday, June 19, 2015

The Beginning of Summertime









(all photos from here.)

Please, Time, slow down.  I'd like the chance to enjoy summer now that it has finally arrived in Chicago!  Really, I would say that since I got back from Vegas in mid-April, life has been in overdrive.  (There are busy seasons and slow seasons, and I guess right now it's the former.)  Recently: rainstorms and bright, blooming flowers.  Enjoying time on the porch, soaking in the sunshine and the breeze and the ivy on the buildings that share our alley.  Going for runs along beautiful Lake Michigan--my favorite!  A beautiful springtime wedding and so many treasured moments with my dear family.  Adventures all over and a fourth wedding anniversary.  Drinks, dinner, and dancing at Navy Pier for my company's annual management party.   Among other things too, of course.

Sunday is the Summer Solstice.  The season is officially almost here, and I can't wait to see what the next few weeks and months will bring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment