Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lately, Currently.

It's been a while since I've done one of these.  Thanks to Susie at @the_suzlyfe for the inspiration!






[Reading]  I borrowed a few of Anthony Bourdain's books from one of my best friends the last time I was over at her place, and I am happily making my way through them.  I love Parts Unknown and so reading his books brings out a similar joy in me.  I love food, I love travel, and I love the way that Bourdain so masterfully shares them in word.  Kitchen Confidential was the last book I read in 2016, and A Cook's Tour will be the first I finish in 2017.

[Doing]  Well, at this very moment, I am resting because I seem to be afflicted with the cold/sinus infection/whatever this is that is going around.  It was bound to happen, almost an inevitability.  Besides that, I am writing a whole lot more (which is so exciting to me!) and being diligent about making time for it.  I am trying to be intentional about going to yoga more often... really, my beginner yoga experiences are deserving of their own blog post.  Suffice to say, I am enjoying it and looking forward to having yoga as an important part of cross training for running.  I've also been trying to run more (though the below freezing temps and not feeling well put the kibosh on that today) and I am cautiously optimistic about my future as a runner, post-injury.  A few weeks ago, I went to Whirlyball for the first time with Tom for his work's holiday party... it was super fun and ridiculous, and I was super sore the next day, but I'd recommend it for something different to do!

[Thinking About]  Running more, planning out my summer as far as races and training are concerned.  Recently I've been struggling with running, from a more mental place than physical.  Sure, I am still struggling with building back up my speed and pace.  But it's also been harder for me to break through the barriers of running more than just 2-3 miles.  I am learning that I can run farther and that I can handle it.  I am of course listening incredibly closely to my body and to my foot, watching for any changes or signs of trouble.  But so far... things have been pretty good.  I'm feeling optimistic and I'm hoping to take that with me into getting more running outside, as we enter into February and the end of winter.

[Watching]  We're perpetually rewatching things around here... most recently, we've been working our way through Arrested Development and BoJack Horseman.  On a more serious note, we have been making sure to watch PBS News Hour as regularly as we can.  Now more than ever, it's important to get the news and stay informed of what's going on at home and around the country.

[Feeling Thankful]  For technology allowing me the opportunity to stay in touch with family even though we all live apart from one another.  I'm thankful that my foot has been strong lately, allowing me the opportunity to get in some really amazing runs over the last few weeks.  I'm also super excited that Chicago Cubs baseball spring training starts very soon!  Ahh, despite not feeling super great at the moment, life is pretty alright!

[Loving]  Friday 8:30 am yoga class.  Making pizzas in our new huge cast iron pan... a constantly evolving craft, but so good!  Writing more regularly, both in my 52 Lists Project journal and in a personal notebook--it is so wonderful to be getting back to that.  Figuring out plans for my vacation time in early March--it's going to be a great 9 days off!  The fact that it is now staying lighter later than before... it makes me feel confident that spring will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment