Thursday, February 9, 2017

8 Minute Memoir, Day 13: Your Most Important Hair Moment

I'm sure my answer to this prompt is a common one.  I've had a long and tumultuous relationship with my hair over the last almost 29 years, and we have finally, in my adulthood, figured out a way to happily coexist.  My most important hair moment, though?  I would have to go with June 11, 2011, our wedding day.

I loved my wedding hair!  I'd spent the majority of college growing it out and when Tom proposed to me, I realized that I needed to see it through and wait until after we got married to cut it.  I was lucky enough to have my aunt do my hair on the big day, and it made a special moment even more memorable.  I went with half up and half down, pulled back out of my face in a twisting braid, with long curls in a waterfall down my back.  I truly felt beautiful and I loved how the updo turned out.  I wore a headpiece with white flowers and a small veil; it was perfect with my dress and made for a very classic look.  

At the end of the night, after the reception ended, dizzy with happiness and love and drinking champagne, we sat on the bed in our suite pulling bobby pins out of my updo until it wasn't really an updo anymore... just a mess of curls, half tangled, still full of life even after wedding photos on a windy afternoon and hours of dancing.  Still perfect, even deconstructed.  Ah, what a dream of a day!




(Photos by the lovely and talented Sarah Pawula)

No comments:

Post a Comment