Friday, July 31, 2015

Weekend Vibes

I came into last weekend on the other side of two 4am-2pm shifts.  While I love the peacefulness of 4am, my sleep admittedly suffers a bit--3am is crazy no matter how early you go to bed.  So on Saturday, when I got home from work, we mostly just relaxed.  I went to the gym for a workout that I really did not enjoy (but you can't win 'em all, and the one I had on Sunday was much better!  But more on that.)  We ordered out for dinner--I got a cheesy Italian Beef that was impossible to eat but worth the struggle--and hung out at home.  Fell asleep early.

This brings us to Sunday, which is quickly becoming my very favorite day.  Perhaps because it is now my Saturday, perhaps because I get to spend it with my husband.  Either way, Sunday rarely disappoints!  I woke up well-rested and after we got out of bed, walked to Ann Sather for some delicious takeout cinnamon rolls (so good).  After we got home, we enjoyed with some French press coffee (thanks, husband!.

Afterwards, the husband did a little work on his bike and I went to the gym for a 45 minute workout.  I watched Roseanne while I exercised; it is a show I appreciate more now as a grown up, more than I did when I first watched it as a kid.  The workout was great, much better than Saturday's, and I left feeling satisfied and happy with my time there.

Tomato soup for lunch, and after a shower, T. and I walked to Metropolis Coffee.  I ordered a iced skim vanilla latte to go with my journaling and reading, while T. got an iced coffee while he studied for the Network+ exam.  We love spending time there, enjoying the ambiance and the coffee.  When we got home, T. worked on notecards for his studying while I worked on some writing.

Eventually we made dinner--burritos, with refried beans, rice and orzo pilaf, an avocado, and nachos.  We had a very lovely day.  The next day brought Monday; T. went back to work, but as Monday is my Sunday now, I had another day left in my weekend.  I slept in a little bit and ran a few errands after I finally woke up and got out of bed (thrift store; bike shop for the husband; lunch).  Eventually, I found myself on a 6 mile run down, where I passed by Belmont Harbor and ended up on Belmont and Clark... it was pretty hot out, but definitely a beautiful day, and I loved my run down the Lakefront Trail.

And now, here we are... on the verge of another weekend.  It has been a busy week at work (as usual), but I find myself here, on my "Thursday" night, ready for a few days of relaxation and time to hang out with T.

Tomorrow, "Friday," is a shorter day for me, and it's looking like it's going to be another gorgeous day outside.  We are hoping to take a trip to Kettle Moraine State Forest in Wisconsin on Sunday; T. is renting a bike, while I am planning on doing some trail running.  Nothing planned for Monday yet, my "Sunday," but I'm sure I'll come up with something.  After that, it's a 4 day workweek before vacation begins!  So very excited.  Until then, here's to the weekend, and the goodness it brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment