Thursday, January 15, 2015

Lately, Currently.

So, it's 2:01 am in Chicagoland and really, I should be sleeping.  I've had a very busy last few days (few weeks, if we're being honest) and I worked 'til midnight the last few nights (which I don't normally do).  My body is exhausted and sore and sleepy.

But... tomorrow I'm picking up the keys to our new place.  Tomorrow, we begin the transition to the city, to the life we've always wanted.  And in a way, it kind of feels like Christmas!  Too excited to sleep, too excited for the morning.  I do need to head off to dreamland soon, but I figured a quick Lately, Currently post might do the trip in helping me get there.


[Reading]  Just finished reading Looking For Alaska by John Green--FINALLY--and it was really good.  Made me cry, of course.  I hope to pick up the rest of his books at some point throughout the year; I've read about half, I think.  After that, I read, Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer, a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law.  It was a quick read, and I enjoyed it.  At the moment I'm in between books but hoping to find something good again soon.

[Doing]  Staying up too late.  Packing!  Really looking forward to meeting a very old friend of mine for lunch tomorrow--just another awesome thing happening in the next 24 hours--and to catching up.

[Thinking About]  Oh man, so many things.  Strategy for packing and moving.  My growth and development at work.  My plans for running.  My family, and how even though I saw them all during the holidays, it feels like I haven't seen them in ages.  How amazing life is about to become... 2015, so far, you're pretty dang great!

[Watching]  Just started the last season of How I Met Your Mother...  I think I may need some wine to get through it.  So emotional!

[Feeling Thankful]  For my husband, for more reasons than I could possibly list here.  He's the best thing in my world!

[Loving]  My husband (see above).  Getting to spend time with my sister--those weekends are the best!  The prospect of running on the shoreline of Lake Michigan, the skyline I love so dear.  New sheets and towels.  The potential that lies ahead for us.  Even though life is crazy and stressful and ridiculous sometimes, it's also really magical and wonderful, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment