Friday, February 9, 2018

8 Minute Memoir, Day 43: Thank You

Dear K,

Thank you for being one of my oldest, dearest friends; a steadfast presence in my life.

On the eve of our birthdays--a little over 20 days away--I'd just like to remember our first meeting: roommates at speech camp, our lives crashing together at gale-force speeds.  A forever friendship, a bond formed over a week.  Then, over a year later, a happenstance meeting during the first weekend of college... so delighted to have found one another again.  And so it goes.

We saw one another through love and through heartache, college dorms and cute studios and townhomes... dinners together, adventures in the cornfields.  Always there for one another, no matter what.  You have never held any judgment towards me, and you always provide a reasonable opinion on things.  If you don't agree, you tell me so--there's never been anything but trust.  We got married to the loves of our lives, we had babies, we got grown up jobs and navigated the whole adult thing together, always there still--even if it's been a while since we last spoke.  We live hundreds of miles apart now, but whether it's by text or by phone, we always pick up right where we left off.  And I'm so grateful for that.

I just want to say thank you, because I'm so lucky the universe brought us together.  I'm so lucky to know you and your husband and your sweet boys, and think of you often.  We've been friends since we were 17 and that's not something to take lightly (especially because we're turning 27 this year, you know, LOL).  I'm looking forward to getting together in a few weeks, to having that precious time together.  (Feeling pretty lucky about that, too!)  We've been through a lot together, we've grown up together, and I couldn't imagine it any other way.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment