Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Present Snapshot of Life








It has been a while.  The above photos, from my Instagram (with the exception of the first one--the husband took that one), provide a nice little snapshot of life, lately.  We've been busy as usual, of course, but things are good.  I haven't been writing as often lately, but I have been reading a lot, and that is serving to instill inspiration in me in unexpected ways.  And once again, it has led me back here, this space that has become home over the last several months.  A space I am grateful for.

So let's see.  At the end of June, T. and I stayed overnight at a swanky hotel and attended a party hosted by my company at the Field Museum in downtown Chicago.  It was a fantastically fun night, and we had a great time! I think it's always fun to get dressed up and party, and the fact that I got to do it with some of my favorite people was the icing on the cake.  The whole night, I just kept thinking how happy I was, and how lucky I was--how lucky I am--to continually have such amazing opportunities.  I felt a little under the weather the next day (maybe we had a little too much fun, heh) but it was worth it!

We celebrated the 4th of July here at our apartment.  I worked until 6 p.m., and then when I got home, the fun began.  T. grilled out and we enjoyed some cocktails and relaxed.  As it fell dark, we made our way out to the balcony where we lit sparklers and watched various fireworks shows all across the northern horizon.  So fun!  The next night, T. watched the fireworks show put on by our city, which happened to be launched from the high school RIGHT by our apartment complex... I was sorry to have missed it, having been at work, but if we're still living here next summer, hopefully I'll get to experience it then!  Overall, it was a relaxing holiday.

Since then, it's been work and hanging out and financial/future planning and trying to enjoy these middle of summer days.  I pulled a muscle in my hip whilst cleaning the other week, so I haven't been doing much running lately.  It's incredibly disappointing to me, but I am hoping that I will be able to get back into it sooner rather than later (I've been taking this midweek weekend to rest and recuperate).  I'm getting nervous about the Chicago Half Marathon, but I know I will be just fine!  I have a short work week coming up because we're heading to my folks' house for their annual Jimmy Buffett Party, our favorite summertime party, and I can't wait!  It should be a great time.  T. and I are bringing our dear friend J. as well, and we're looking forward to seeing all of our other close family and friends as well.   

All this to day, goodness is happening and lying in wait for us.  And hopefully I'll be back here again to document it all, sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment