Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Journal Day: Wonderful beyond our wildest dreams

"Everyone has different things that keep them going. Sometimes it's the people around us, other times it might be what's waiting for us on the other side of hard work. Whatever it may be, there's usually some sort of motivation to get up every day, get things done, or maybe even go the extra mile. With that said, what would you say is your biggest motivation in life? Has it always been this way?"

There are a few main things that are currently motivating me right now.  It's interesting to me, being in a new chapter of sorts, to look back on the last five years, ten years, of my life, and recall everything that inspired me then...  needless to say, these have certainly changed over the years!  These are just a few of the desires that get me out of bed in the morning, that keep me moving, that keep me focused, that drive me to excellence each and every day.

First and foremost, my biggest motivation is my husband.  He is my very best friend, someone for whom I have the utmost love and respect and trust.  Because of him, I always strive to be the best person that I can.  We've been working on building this partnership, this life of ours together, for almost a decade now and all I want is to build this little shared piece of existence into something wonderful beyond our wildest dreams.  I am driven to work hard and seek out challenges in my job because time and time again in my life, I've seen the positive results of patience and tenacity and I know it will lead to great things for not only myself, but for both of us.  I feel like the world is ours for the taking and am lucky to have him by my side for whatever the adventure may bring.

I find that I am motivated to write and create by my desire to put something thoughtful, something new, something unique, out into being.  I have loved writing for as long as I can remember and it is one of my favorite outlets of expression and elucidation.  I, of course, love posting here on this blog, as I think it is important to document all of the important pieces of my life.  I am also still interested in poetry, and I always have a few fiction projects going on.  I live for NaNoWriMo and still dream of publishing a book someday.  I am fortunate that my bouts with writer's block are generally few and far between and I try to write a little something every day, be it a few paragraphs in my latest epic or post and entry or two here.

I am also motivated to keep running, to keep training, because I want to be the healthiest version of myself possible.  This body is the only one I get, and it's my responsibility to treat it as well as I possibly can!  I truly love running, but it's a nice effect that it's helped me get into shape and that in turn motivates me to keep going.  This winter has been hard and I am still working on it, but I know with a few months of running (of half marathon training!), eating well, going for walks and hikes with the husband, and a little bit of bike riding for good measure, I will be feeling great!  I have been working on it since 2010 and I have seen what a little bit of hard work can do--I know that if I keep at it, I'll be even healthier, even happier.

Even though my motivations have changed since in the years that have passed since I was that 16-year-old girl, at 26, I still work hard, love hard, and play hard.  I am passionate and ambitious and happy, and I have a lot to be proud of and thankful for.

"You must expect great things from yourself before you can do them."  --Michael Jordan

(Journal Day prompt courtesy of Sometimes Sweet.  I look forward to this every week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment