Thursday, February 13, 2014

Apartment #17


We've been living at #17 for a little over a week now and so far, it has been an absolute dream.  Honestly, it's kind of crazy how drastically and wonderfully life has changed for the better.  I am incredibly grateful for having had the experience of living in Lake County for the last few years, of course.  It allowed us the chance to save up money and pay off some college debts, and also, in a way, gave us a chance to grow up a little more.  We've been here for a week and it feels like home.

And I love pretty much everything about it.  The spaciousness of the living room.  The hardwood floors.  All of the natural light that comes in through the windows on the north and south sides of the apartment.  The dining nook, which just so happened to be the perfect size for our kitchen table and a corner table that we inherited from my parents.  The fact that I wake up to daylight every single morning, and relish the ability to occasionally fall back asleep for a little while in that warmth.  Our dearest belongings, in a space so uniquely ours.

"When it rains, it pours."  Often times, people relegate this to events of a perhaps more negative nature, but I also think that positive goodness can come all at once in abundance, too.  The last few weeks have been a little overwhelming, truthfully, but I just keep reminding myself that it's all good--that I am more than ready for whatever comes.  I feel as though I am the happiest I have ever been in my life.  I am so very excited to see whatever may lie around the corner for me, for the love of my life and I, and this story we're writing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment